So I may be partial/slightly addicted to pretty polishes for my nails. There was a time post baby that I didn’t get as much of an opportunity to spend the necessary 10 minutes or so applying nail polish, let alone the half hour drying time needed after! But now I can afford to spend a bit more time on myself of an evening- or even if I don’t have long, I have discovered Essie’s quick drying top layer, Good To Go, which allows to me to get on with life after just a few minutes…
So I thought I would share 5 of my favourite nail polishes for Spring/Summer!
1. Gelly Hi-Shine nail paint by Barry M, in Grapefuit. This gorgeous bright pinky colour really pops, and as it’s a gel type polish I find it goes on a bit thicker so doesn’t need as many coats. And although not as long lasting as proper gel nails, it does last longer than most. At the moment it’s now down to only £2.00 from Asos! Quick, grab a bargain I say.
2. Nails Inc. Gel Effect Polish, in Porchester Square. Although a grey, this is a pretty pretty grey, which I fell in love with after seeing it on the Rock My Style blog. I’m sure I can see hints of pink when wearing this, and it goes with pretty much every colour you could think of, so no need to pre-plan outfits when wearing this beauty. It’s subtle enough to wear with bright summer colours. Again, another gel effect polish, so you can get 4-5 days wear without chips. It’s so popular it’s now out of stock on Feel Unique where I purchased it, but you can grab it for a slightly less bargain price of £12.46 on Beauty Bay.
3. Seventeen quicker slicker colour, in Pink Lemonade. This little pretty holds fond memories for me, as I wore it on my toes on my Wedding Day and on my Honeyoon. Ahhhh, the Maldives. This was back when it was called 17 Fast Finish Polish. The other week I re-purchased and it came in this slightly different branding, and I think the colour may have ever-so-slightly changed from what it used to be. But I still love it, and definitely an essential for this time of year. These are £2.99 from Boots, and I think it’s probably best to pop in their and take a look as their website seems to be mixing up the colours and names! (Unless they have recently changed the names).
4. Mavala Nail Colour Cream, in Fresh Melon. I couldn’t think of a better name for a Spring/Summer nail polish. And this does look just as yummy as the name when on the nails. I’ve had this one for a couple of years now, and although a bit pricey (£4.75 for just 5ml from Boots), it is a lovely subtle colour and well worth having.
5. Nails Inc. Limited Edition, in Westminster Abbey. This was an impulse buy after seeing it in TK Maxx at a great price, and not normally the kind of colour I would go for. But this shimmering gold colour is just fantastic, and is definitively one to be taken with you if you are lucky enough to be jetting off on holiday this year. I purchased it thinking it would look good on my toes for summer, but I have since put it on my finger nails too and it just looks fab. It is a Limited Edition though, which means it’s not going to be around for long. You can still get it on Isme for £11.00, but I haven’t personally used that site before. If you’re looking for something a little different to your normal summer shades, then go for this. I have absolutely loved wearing it.